Experience Unlimited is entirely volunteer led and operated. Members volunteer 16 hours per month (an average of 4 hours per week) toward EU operations … a combination of meeting attendance and committee or department work.
Share your expertise or learn new skills in Marketing Committee, Information Technology Committee, Training Committee, or Business Operations Committee. Or take an opportunity for a key role by serving as a Committee Director or on our operating board as President, Vice President, or Secretary.
Department administrative meetings are held on Tuesday mornings, as part of and immediately following the EU weekly General Assembly Meeting. Service hours are easily met as members volunteer their time for department project work throughout the week.
Responsibilities of each department are listed below:
- Promotes Experience Unlimited to job seekers, employers, human resources & recruiters
- Represents EU at networking events and job fair
- Schedules, coordinates & plans the major event
- Handles public relations with media and community organizations
- Continually seeks new ways to support members in their job search
- Participates in membership outreach activities
- Provides support and security for EU's computer hardware, software and Internet connectivity
- Creates, updates, and maintains the EU Contra Costa Chapter Web site
- Maintains the EU Contra Costa Chapter Yahoo Group
- Designs and develops training courses for EU members
- Facilitates career-search related workshops
- Creates and maintains the EU workshop calendar
- Maintains membership records
- Manages the EU Contra Costa office
- Meets and greets people at the EU office
- Answers EU office telephone
- Posts new job listings and responds to EU e-mail