Joining Experience Unlimited
To become a member of Experience Unlimited is a 5 step process:
- Attend a General Meeting
General Meetings are held weekly, Tuesday mornings, at Temple B'nai Shalom in Walnut Creek, and are open to the public. Click here for information on meeting time and agenda, appropriate dress, and directions to Temple B'nai Shalom.
- Attend Orientation
Orientation is generally held during the first hour of the General Meeting. During Orientation, you will receive & begin completing the required application paperwork to become a member.
- Attend a Department Committee Meeting
You may join any department that interests you and are free to switch departments at any time with the prior approval of each department director. Members often volunteer for projects in several departments, depending on their interests. For example, someone in IT may lead a Training workshop covering a topic with which they have a special background or interest.
- Enter your resume with CalJOBS
Submit your resume online to CalJOBS and then print out a copy from the CalJOBS website and show it to any EDD staff member. CalJOBS is the California employment database, "California's Internet system for linking employer job listings and job seeker resumes".
The system provides tools to post your resume at a variety of detail levels, from a high-level summary through details of five key jobs. Access to profiles are limited to authorized EDD-enrolled prospective employers, and personal information is easily kept off the profile.
- Attend the Job Search Workshop
This workshop is generally held in one half-day session, either on Wednesday or Thursday morning. Prior sign-up for the workshop is required.
- Complete & Submit all application forms
Acquire all required signatures on the "Application Checklist"
Complete the member information form
Complete the "Member Agreement" (Contract)
Sign the, "Authorization to Release your Contact Information" (Optional)
[to someone looking for you to offer employment]
Turn all forms into either the Business Operations committee at a General Assembly meeting
Place all completed forms in the "Business Operations" pocket document box on the partition wall to the side of the administration desk at the Experience Unlimited Office.
Types of Membership
- Active Members - enjoy full use of EU Contra Costa chapter resources. In order to be considered an active member of the chapter, you are required to:
- Be a department member in good standing.
- Volunteer 16 hours per calendar month, accomplished through a combination of attending General Meetings, Department Meetings and additional work on projects or other services
- Comply with all rules, regulations and Standards of Conduct of the chapter.
- Delinquent Members - members who have fallen 48 hours or more in arrears for required volunteer hours. Delinquent members may not use chapter resources and will be deactivated from the system until volunteer hours have been made up.
- Inactive Members - a member becomes inactive by either requesting that their status be changed due to personal circumstances or temporary employment of one week or more, or failing to complete the membership requirements for a period of 3 consecutive months. Inactive members cannot access chapter resources, however, they can reactivate membership within 12 months without going through the application process again.
- Alumni - Former members now employed, but who maintain a relationship with the chapter.
- Pending - Individuals in process of completing all membership requirements or awaiting administrative action to become an Active Members or in a process of changing their status.